Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Clarity, Spirit, and A Very Funny Film




I just saw this film called Forgiving the Franklins. I had no idea what this movie was going to be like. I just picked it up on a whim. All it said was "religious comedy". It turned out to be fuckin awesome! I really don't want to say anymore about it and possibly ruin the fun of you discovering it for yourself.

To add a note to the last blog, I should mention why I started doing longer meditations. The quick answer is I am trying to find clarity in my life. I would like to have no doubt about the choices I make in my life. Having no doubt is somewhat different from being unable to admit another life path is also valid. I just want to be sure the path I choose is absolutely the best for me. I want to KNOW that this life I choose is perfect, and that my choices are truly mine.

Some people have problems with clarity in their lives, some don't. Daily meditation is, for me, a way of letting go of the clutch on attachments to any ideals that no longer fit me. So far it has been wonderful. I have already had overwhelming moments of peace, calm, joy, and quiet. These moments seem to be independent of thought. They are times when I can just feel, and just be. They allow me to trust in reality ( and myself), by experiencing the moment fully. I guess this is where Spirit starts to have a voice through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment