Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Life is Wonderful when you're about to hike the Pacific Crest Trail!





I just have to do a blog. Life is too good! So many things just seem to be coming together in my life it is incredibly wonderful. I have been reconnecting with some old time friends, making some brand new friends, as well as deepening my relationship with my life partner. All this in itself may seem to have come about by chance, but I know it is more due to effort than chance. All the meditating I have been doing everyday has finally started paying off! I can focus on things MUCH better than I could just a few weeks ago. I used to get easily distracted and would let my attention drift during conversations, emails, tasks at work, or anything really. Recently I have been able to pull my focus back onto the thing at hand. I've been living more 'in the moment'!

Jen and I just brewed our last batch of beer at our Arcata apartment before we head off to begin the Pacific Crest Trail! We are super stoked for the adventure, and are scrambling to make last minute preparations. We have to move out as well as pack food for five months, as well as continue to get in shape to hike 20 miles a day with 30 pound packs on!

To all of you, I love you! Thank you so much for being a part of my life as a reader, friend, lover, acquiantance, stranger, or some kind of AI. I'm not dying or going anywhere, I've just had a series of amazing enlightenments, and want to say that All is Love! Life is wonderful; I thank you all for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know whether this is allowed, but if you were to go to www.macabiskirt.com you would find a place where you could find a long, but able-to-be-snapped up, men's unbifurcated garment. I have worn a traditional kilt, which is open to the right rather than the left (the mountain kilt still causes me problems). The mucabi is very nice, but not as nice as the Mountain Kilt because of the mountain's short length. Naked is better than both.

    ReplyDelete